Naveed Ahmed : Chairman
- Born in India (Aligarh, UP) in 1950
- Schooling in Shillong (Meghalaya, India) – St Edmund’s College
- BSc from St Stephens College, Delhi. Post Graduate (MSc) from Cranfield University, Bedford, UK
- Interested in International Politics & Current affairs, most sports (particularly Cricket, Football, Golf)
- Been in the UK since 1973
- Retired in 2010 after working for Tesco, as a senior manager in their Head Office, for nearly 33 years. Now a Committee member of the Tesco Alumni (of retired senior Tesco executives)
- Started career in Marketing, then developed & implemented management information systems (MIS) for the business
- Thereafter focused on diverse Process, Programme & Change Management roles within Human Resources, International Finance, Back-office off shoring, Telecoms, Property Maintenance, Information Technology and Commercial functions
- Now volunteering the skills and knowledge gained within a commercial environment as a Trustee and mentor for various small charities and community groups
Why I wanted to be a Trustee of EAWA:
When my elderly mother was in the UK, she felt lonely and isolated from people from her cultural background and age group, while we were at work. Being Asian in an area where there are few facilities for people of her age and background, I am committed to develop the services and build on the wonderful work that EAWA has been engaged in.
Opportunity to use the skills & experience, that I have gained over the years, towards helping EAWA to continually improve its services to its clients in the short & medium term.
Charlie Clerke : Trustee
Charlie Clerke left the NHS in 2011 to set up his own Health and Social Care Consultancy. A registered Social Worker he also holds general management and public sector commissioning qualifications. He has extensive experience across health and social care and has always valued diversity, the contributions of all, and a sense of change and movement forward.
He has worked with voluntary organisations in setting up services for stroke survivors and people living with dementia, developed hospital admissions avoidance practice with local GPs, and services for carers with the Local Authority. Latterly he has specialised in NHS Continuing Healthcare where individuals, largely older people require complex healthcare outside of hospital.
Charlie has worked in Social Services with all groups of people over the years, from under fives upwards, but it has always been older people he has been drawn back to. As a local resident, and a possible future user of care services he has more than a passing interest. He has worked with Asian communities in East London and has developed an affection for all things Indian, visits often and keeps up a smattering of Hindi.
Sudipta Ghosh : Trustee
Sudipta Ghosh is originally from Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), India. During his career over 17 years, he worked in multicultural environments in India, USA and UK. He runs an Information Technology Consultancy business providing services to multinational clients in Banking & Finance, Health and Manufacturing & Retail sector.
Academically, he holds a Bachelor degree in Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering and a number of professional qualifications in finance and business management. His professional interests involve Entrepreneurship, Strategy & Leadership, Cost Efficiency.
Sudipta is married with 2 children; his personal interests include Football, Cricket, Chess & Photography. Inspired by his parents, he is passionate about well-being of elderly people and education of underprivileged children. He feels himself privileged to serve elderly people in EAWA.