Naveed Ahmed : Chairman
- Born in India (Aligarh, UP) in 1950
- Schooling in Shillong (Meghalaya, India) – St Edmund’s College
- BSc from St Stephens College, Delhi. Post Graduate (MSc) from Cranfield University, Bedford, UK
- Interested in International Politics & Current affairs, most sports (particularly Cricket, Football, Golf)
- Been in the UK since 1973
- Retired in 2010 after working for Tesco, as a senior manager in their Head Office, for nearly 33 years. Now a Committee member of the Tesco Alumni (of retired senior Tesco executives)
- Started career in Marketing, then developed & implemented management information systems (MIS) for the business
- Thereafter focused on diverse Process, Programme & Change Management roles within Human Resources, International Finance, Back-office off shoring, Telecoms, Property Maintenance, Information Technology and Commercial functions
- Now volunteering the skills and knowledge gained within a commercial environment as a Trustee and mentor for various small charities and community groups
Why I wanted to be a Trustee of EAWA:
When my elderly mother was in the UK, she felt lonely and isolated from people from her cultural background and age group, while we were at work. Being Asian in an area where there are few facilities for people of her age and background, I am committed to develop the services and build on the wonderful work that EAWA has been engaged in.
Opportunity to use the skills & experience, that I have gained over the years, towards helping EAWA to continually improve its services to its clients in the short & medium term.
Sudipta Ghosh : Trustee
Sudipta Ghosh is originally from Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), India. During his career over 17 years, he worked in multicultural environments in India, USA and UK. He runs an Information Technology Consultancy business providing services to multinational clients in Banking & Finance, Health and Manufacturing & Retail sector.
Academically, he holds a Bachelor degree in Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering and a number of professional qualifications in finance and business management. His professional interests involve Entrepreneurship, Strategy & Leadership, Cost Efficiency.
Sudipta is married with 2 children; his personal interests include Football, Cricket, Chess & Photography. Inspired by his parents, he is passionate about well-being of elderly people and education of underprivileged children. He feels himself privileged to serve elderly people in EAWA.
Samit Kumar Biswas : Trustee
A Health Care professional with nearly 23+ years of experience in Strategic Management, Business Operations, Marketing, New Business Development and Product Management and previous 6.5 years in Commercial Functions. Presently associated with a Founder & CEO of Advatech Healthcare Pvt. Ltd & Advatech Healthcare Europe Ltd.
Now launched India’s First App-based Ambulance services to offer BLS/ALS Ambulances within 15-20 mins across East & Delhi NCR with the technical guidance from Healthcare UK.
Exceptional communication and presentation skills with demonstrated abilities in training, team building and driving front liners. An effective communicator with exceptional relationship management skills with the ability to relate to people at any level of business and management across the globe.
Holds the distinction of contributing maximum to the underprivileged children education under Corporate Social Responsibility programme. Won Asia Pacific Contribution Committee Awards for 2008 in Vietnam.
Katie Kierans : Trustee
Katie is a young Irish professional who moved to London in 2016. She has a degree in Commerce from University College Dublin (UCD) and a wide range of experience across the media, marketing, data and technology sectors.
Her passion for giving back to the community was instilled in her from a young age by her parents and grandparents. Katie has volunteered and fundraised for a variety of charitable organisations including Age Engage, Amnesty International, SVP, the Irish Mensheds Association and the MakeAWish foundation.
Katie hopes her family-orientated background, commitment to charitable giving and knowledge of marketing and business development will enable her to support EAWA’s members and contribute to their happiness.