EAWA Day Care Centre, Enfield & Surrounding Boroughs, London
EAWA is a registered charity that provides services in the Health and Social Care field. We were established in 1998. Our Mission is: To support, care for, empower and improve the quality of life of older people, the local community and their families/carers living within the London Borough of Enfield and surrounding Boroughs.
At the core of our organisation is our 100 place a week Day Care Centre for Asian elderly people. It has a mixed client group ranging from isolated/frail to more in ‘need of care’ and those with dementia. We provide:
- Yoga and chair based exercise
- Seated Qi Gong/Tai Chi
- A hot lunch (Indian vegetarian)
- Indian head massage and reflexology
- Flower arranging
- Toenail cutting & trimming
- Transport to and from the centre
- Workshops on healthy eating and well-being
- Christmas/Diwali/Eid parties, and summer outings
- A knitting circle, arts and crafts, singing, speakeasy sessions and much more…
- Socialising with those living locally
- Respite for carers and special dementia activity equipment
EAWA runs a number of projects open to all communities, including Over 50s Activity, Memorable Melodies, the provision of Dementia Equipment, Falls Prevention, and other Community Action. EAWA also operates a Membership Club.
Please browse this website for more information about us and our charitable activities in & around Enfield.