EAWA Day Care Centre, Enfield & Surrounding Boroughs, London
EAWA has closed its Day care centre and 50 plus /Membership Club services, in accordance with government guidelines to protect people from the Covid-19 virus For 12 weeks, being until 7th June 2020, or until further notice.
The office is also closed & all staff are working from home.
1. We are in direct contact with our current day care clients/families.
2. For people using the other services, you can reach us on our mobile phone numbers and we will contact you as needed.
3. The Social Hub Project will be suspended also, until further notice.
4. For new enquiries, please email us on email@example.com – We will respond and assist you accordingly.
Please do follow government advice and look after each other.
Chetna Shah CEO
EAWA is a registered charity that provides services in the Health and Social Care field. We were established in 1998. Our Mission is: To support, care for, empower and improve the quality of life of older people, the local community and their families/carers living within the London Borough of Enfield and surrounding Boroughs.
At the core of our organisation is our 100 place a week Day Care Centre for Asian elderly people. It has a mixed client group ranging from isolated/frail to more in ‘need of care’ and those with dementia. We provide:
- Yoga and chair based exercise
- Seated Qi Gong/Tai Chi
- A hot lunch (Indian vegetarian)
- Indian head massage and reflexology
- Flower arranging
- Toenail cutting & trimming
- Transport to and from the centre
- Workshops on healthy eating and well-being
- Christmas/Diwali/Eid parties, and summer outings
- A knitting circle, arts and crafts, singing, speakeasy sessions and much more…
- Socialising with those living locally
- Respite for carers and special dementia activity equipment
EAWA runs a number of projects open to all communities, including Over 50s Activity, Memorable Melodies, the provision of Dementia Equipment, Falls Prevention, and other Community Action. EAWA also operates a Membership Club.
Please browse this website for more information about us and our charitable activities in & around Enfield.